Click on a career title to see more information on the position.If you are interested in joining one of our clinics, please contact the clinic directly with the information provided on the postion notice.
Elite Sports Medicine is a growing, dynamic multi-disciplinary Sports Medicine clinic in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada. We are seeking a full or part-time Primary Care Sports Medicine Physician.
ESM provides 1 Primary Care Sports Medicine physicians, 2 Physiotherapists, 1 Chiropractor, and 2 Massage Therapists. We have a modern space with 2 exam rooms and a small gym. All providers share a single EMR. Office administration and billing are provided. We have a large referral base from numerous physicians and physiotherapists throughout Southern Alberta.
Physician roles include treating acute and chronic MSK and sports-related injuries; including acute injuries, chronic overuse injuries, concussion management, uncomplicated fracture care, and various injection therapies, including visco-supplementation, prolotherapy, and PRP. Assisting with a small panel of Family Medicine patients is also available.
Potential event coverage includes: WHL Lethbridge Hurricanes, high school football and rugby, Lost Soul ultra-marathon, etc.
- Good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- Fellowship in Primary Care Sports Medicine w/ Dip. Sport Med, CAC, or CAQ in Sports Medicine
- Preference is given to physicians with experience in Regenerative Injection Therapies (ie: Prolotherapy and PRP) & MSK ultrasound training
- Ability to work individually and as part of a multi-disciplinary health care team
All interested candidates can contact Trista Green, Office Manager
Lethbridge College Wellness Services supports a community of 6000 students and 1000 employees and their families.
Our current health care team consists of:
- 4 physicians: Dr. Andrea Haner (lead), Dr. Michael Amatto, Dr. Adele Engelbrecht, and Dr. Louise Dalphond,
- 3 psychiatrists: Dr. Joan Kowe, Dr. Estelle Opperman and Dr. Wallace Smart,
- 2 full-time registered nurses,
- 2 part-time receptionists,
- 1 full-time student support specialist (case management of high-risk students),
- 1 full-time and 1 part-time counsellors,
- 1 full time-health promotion coordinator, and
- 1 full-time department manager.
Wellness Services pay physicians an hourly rate with no overhead charges. The physician determines when and how long their clinic will operate. Our clinic is open Monday-Friday 8 am - 4 pm, September- April, with potential for working until the end of June. Typically physicians work either full days consisting of 9 am - 3:30 pm or half days of their choosing from 9 am – 12 pm or 1-3:30 pm. We are quite flexible in accommodating physician’s schedules.
If you would like an opportunity to work in a highly supportive team environment, the Wellness Services clinic at Lethbridge College is the place for you.
For more information, contact:
Manager of Wellness Services
403-320-3202 ext. 5485
Busy, bright and friendly clinic with four full time family physicians. Located in downtown Lethbridge, Alberta.
Physcian directed management.
Physicians follow evidence based protocols and Choose-Wisely guidance on investigations.
Personalized care for those with limited health literacy.
Multicultural patient population.
Same day access when possible for urgent concerns.
Efficient processes for patient flow.
Optimum use of Med Access EMR.
No weekends or evenings.
On call rotation to cover patient calls but most handled by Health Link.
On site part time mental health program for internal referrals.
We have internal patient demand and interest in acquiring specialist physicians in our clinic.
Your multidisciplinary team would consist of:
1 RN/Clinical Care Coordinator
2 Mental Health Counsellors
Pharmacy in building.
Contact Dr. R. Kizuk for more information 403-315-1747 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Send resume to email@example.com